Why Parents Should be Concerned About Blendr
Blendr is one of several, nice face, lets hook up type of applications. It operates similar to its sound-alikes such as Grindr and Tinder. However, the creator of Blendr and Grindr, Joel Simkhai has admitted that Blendr was created with less of a focus on sex than was the once popular app named Grindr. Regardless of its initial intentions it still has all of the opportunities for teens to use its features inappropriately. Blendr uses location services to allow you to literally see the faces of nearby users. Almost every website that promotes this application uses the words, chat, flirt and meet to describe its best features. On Googlen6xi10vr_sdfsfpss app download center Blendr is described as the free, socially flirtatious chat-to-meet app.
Why should parents be concerned about Blendr?
The answer is quite obvious, but some parents think their children can do whatever they want with their phone without consequences. The fact that this app is geared towards forming romantic encounters based on appearance should put this at the top of any parent’s list of apps to block. It is a new age dating application and teens donn6xi10vr_sdfsfpst need to utilize these applications. Blendr is an adult platform and just because everyone else is using dating apps at school, your teen doesnn6xi10vr_sdfsfpst have to conform. Apart from that here are some more specific reasons why you need to be concerned.
- Blendr keeps track of its users.Â As you go about your day, Blendr keeps you informed as to whom you have bumped into throughout the day, and which individuals are close by. A picture of their face appears and underneath of this picture sits a convenient map with ping radar indicating where they are in proximity to your location. It even indicates the time in which you have crossed paths with these individuals. This feature gives internet predators free range.
- Blendr has a singles chat room.Â In6xi10vr_sdfsfpsm sure you can just imagine all of the discourse that could be shared while in these chat rooms! It is impossible for parents to monitor what is being said during these conversations. You can only monitor this application if you have their account information and even if you do you cann6xi10vr_sdfsfpst keep them from engaging in inappropriate conversations.
- There is no information verification.Â There is no way to verify that a person is who they say they are until they meet with them in person. All you see is a picture and their self-proclaimed personal information. You cann6xi10vr_sdfsfpst be sure of their age, gender or intentions and while chatting on the chat rooms your teens could very easily be chatting with predators. Also, underage users can easily use this site by simply typing in incorrect information.
- Blendr available on desktop and tablet platforms as well. This means the GPS feature is just locating where they are when out and aboutâ€¦it knows where the desktop or laptop is located as well.
- Requires detailed profile information.Â Users must fill out lengthy questionnaires and offer up personal information in order for this application to optimize the matches it serves up.
- Includes maps.Â allows your teen and those interested in your teen to zoom in on their approximate location and find them on a map. Seeing red flags yet?
- Blendr has a behavioral match making feature.Â Based on the personal information your teen inputs this application finds matches based on what qualities they are looking for.
As you can see, this is a pretty powerful dating app, equipped with an array of dangerous features that literally allow access to you and your teenn6xi10vr_sdfsfpss personal information and whereabouts.
What parents can do to protect their teens?
If you use this application on your desktop delete it! Explain to your teens that they find themselves in social situations almost daily and urge them to stick to meeting people the old fashioned wayâ€¦ in person. Explain to them the dangers involved with giving too much information over the internet and remind them that people are not always honest about their age or their intentions. Ultimately make the decision to ask them to delete the application. Dating sites are not for teens! They are for adults. You can also use PhoneSheriff to block Blendr or other apps you choose to disallow.